This minty shamrock shake is made from scratch with only natural colors and flavors. The naturally green shamrock shake is vegan and naturally colored with homegrown wheatgrass. A perfect drink for St. Patrick’s Day!
Growing Wheatgrass At Home
For this green shamrock shake I used homegrown wheatgrass. Growing wheatgrass at home is really easy – it isn’t more difficult than growing sprouts at home. You can grow wheatgrass without soil or with soil.
-> Grow Wheatgrass Without Soil
But you can also use store-bought wheatgrass for the naturally green shamrock shake.
Making Wheatgrass Juice Without A Juicer
After about 8 or 10 days the homegrown wheatgrass is ready to harvest. Cut the wheatgrass with a sharp knife or scissors. You don’t need a juicer to turn wheatgrass into wheatgrass juice. You can use a blender or food processor.
-> How To Juice Wheatgrass Without A Juicer
Naturally Green Shamrock Shake – Colored With Wheatgrass Juice
Ingredients per glass:
- 1 cup soy milk *
- 1/2 cup fresh wheatgrass juice
- 1 tbsp homemade vanilla sugar (or 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp homemade vanilla extract)
- 2 – 4 drops essential peppermint oil
- optional: homemade dairy-free vanilla ice cream, dairy-free naturally green pistachio ice cream or vegan naturally green sunflower ice cream
- optional: ice cubes
* I can’t eat dairy so I used soy milk. But you can also use regular milk or another plant-based milk instead of soy milk.
Combine all ingredients. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then pour the naturally green shamrock shake into large glasses.
2 thoughts on “Naturally Green Shamrock Shake – Mint-Flavored, Vegan & Colored With Wheatgrass Juice”
I love shamrock shakes and I love that this is a healthy version. I’m going to have to give this a try!
Thanks, Chas! 😀