Making a paper mockup is a great way to test a new pattern. I made small corset paper mockups before; but while drafting a new Edwardian skirt pattern, I thought why not use that pattern to test the shape.
So I used adhesive tape to temporarily glue together the top part of the skirt and the flounce.
The first flounce I made was too wide, so I reduced the width at the bottom: Now it’s much better.
The pattern is for an early Edwardian black wool serge skirt. I’d planned to finish the shirtwaist costume with a black wool skirt and white cotton batiste blouse for the HSM challenge in April, but had no time for sewing then. But I still plan to sew the skirt – I hope I can finish the skirt before Christmas. 😀
2 thoughts on “Edwardian Skirt Paper Mockup”
Great tip for making a mock-up of a pattern. Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.
Thank you. 🙂 The paper mock-up really helped to see that the flounce was too wide.