For the first tutorial of my Advent Calendar you’ll just need some small wooden beads and a piece of thread. The wooden beaded stars are quick to make and look pretty on your Christmas tree or some Christmas twigs.
- small wooden beads
- cotton thread
- needle and scissor
How To Make A DIY Wooden Bead Star
1. String 12 beads onto the thread for a 6-pointed star (10 beads for a 5-pointed star) and form a circle by threading through the first bead again. You can make wooden bead stars in one or more colors: I made red and natural-colored stars.
2. String 3 beads, skip one bead and thread the needle through the second bead of the circle.
3. Continue till your star has 5 points (4 points).
4. Now make the last point of the star: thread one bead onto one end of the string, and two on the other – and thread the needle through the middle bead again.
5. Leave a length of thread, tie a knot and cut off the thread.