Here’s a victorian day cap and headdress I’ve made a few years ago.
Both aren’t historically accurate. I made them before I knew more about correct mid-victorian headwear.
The shape of the first one would be right, but the fabric isn’t. I’ve never seen a victorian day cap made completely with broderie anglaise fabric. Besides, it isn’t handsewn.
The second isn’t right at all. The shape’s wrong, and I’ve used modern net fabric and thread. It’s rather suitable for a modern bridal veil. 😉
It’s embroidered with glass beads – it’s the first bead embroidery I’ve ever done. And I’ve really like it – so much that I’ve done much more bead embroidery since then, about which I’ll be posting by and by.